Monday, January 28, 2008

357, hair, duncan, and the SG CA retreat 07...

As of the last period in this sentence, 357 d, 1 hr, 15 min, 30 sec till the bloody emperor is gone... .

The state of the union ~ bloody well fucked under his reign.

'Nuff said.


And to the N.O.W. ~ get that twist out of your knickers... at least the bloated one realizes what a disaster she would be!!


And now for something completely different...

I'd seen this before, and loved it. So when Ry posted it at SG, I knew I had to copy...

"There once was a woman who woke up one morning,
looked in the mirror,
and noticed she had only three hairs on her head.

"Well," she said, "I think I'll braid my hair today."
So she did and she had a wonderful day.

The next day she woke up,
looked in the mirror
and saw that she had only two hairs on her head.

"Hmmm," she said,
"I think I'll part my hair down the middle today."
So she did and she had a grand day.

The next day she woke up,
looked in the mirror and noticed that she had only one hair on her head.
"Well," she said, "Today I'm going to wear my hair in a pony tail."
So she did and she had a fun, fun day.

The next day she woke up,
looked in the mirror and noticed that there wasn't a single hair on her head. "YEA!" she exclaimed, "I don't have to fix my hair today!"

Attitude is everything.

Be kinder than necessary,
for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

I LOVE this, and realize I need this kind of reminder in my life, everyday. A bit too much to much to cross-stitch, but I could see it typed out and mounted on a clear acrylic altered 8x8 page...
So I am now officially putting this in my to-do queue.

And I can do that, because I got a lot of stuff done today that HAD been on my list...
I got all the little scrappy bits and pieces I've bought/collected over the last 3 months or so sorted and put away today.
I feeling VERY virtuous!!

I've also gotten the last (but one) LO of the Oct. CA retreat done today! This last one will be something that should have been at the start, but what the hey... as long as it is in there somewhere, right? :-))

And then there is my sweet baby boy Duncan... his eye is healing beautifully ~ I'm hoping we can rid of the E collar next week!! I would also like to get him weaned off the phenobarb before we start the chemo on 2/5 ~ need to talk with Dr. Sandy tomorrow. Right now, he is curled up about 2 inches from my feet, sound asleep.
And he has been spending every morning, right after breakfast, stretched out by my side in the chair... how I've missed that little bundle of warm fur next to my leg!!!

The tagging madness at SG seems to be continuing... I think I'm going to have to gracefully decline any further invitations ~ I just don't see the point.

1 comments:

Linda said...

Oh Bobbie, your to friggin funny, chill girl & go have a glass or two of some "fine wine" :). Just wanted to pop over & say HELLO........Hope all is well with Duncan. Thanks friend............


Cottleston Pie is the Taoist philosophy dealing with our Inner Nature (as explained by Winnie-the-Pooh)
To get the full scoop, read "The Tao of Pooh" by Benjamin Hoff.
The full poem is at the very bottom here...