Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Why I don't deal well with children...

Reason # 87928374655...

They don't DO logic.

I was helping out on the post-op side... 4-5 year old, after having tonsils out. Woke up screaming & swinging & kicking & screaming... "My throat hurts, my throat hurts, my throat hurts"...

Ya know, kid ~ if you'd quit the ear-splitting screaming, your throat would feel MUCH better!!!!
Here, have some ice chips; it will make your throat feel better... "No, no, no!" Fine, suffer!, ya little twit!!

OK, then can I just slap you upside the head a few times, so you'll REALLY have something to cry about?!?!?!

They get Mom and Dad in... and they accuse us of being mean to their little angel...
after she has kick and hit on us for the last 20 minutes... It's unbelievable how strong the little brats are!!! And I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad when the brat started kicking and hitting on Mom & Dad!!! Must admit I reveled in their shocked looks!!!

I was SO glad when I had to go do an ADULT pre-op!!!

If this makes me either an awful nurse, or human being...




who the hell cares!!!!


4 comments:

GB, RN said...

Ugh! Which is why I REFUSE to work in peds.

Reminds me when I had my botwagga surgery-type-thing. There was a screaming ankle-biter in PACU, and everytime he yelled, my pain level shot up to a ten, as did all the other patients in the area.

bobbie said...

Exactly!! And unfortunately, the one room they usually put kids in (the one with the close-able glass door)was in use for a VIP (read PITA!)boob job!!!

Geri said...

LOL... you crack me up!

Auntie Em said...

OH Ankle biter that's funny!!!

Gee Cuz I think you should open a day care....


Cottleston Pie is the Taoist philosophy dealing with our Inner Nature (as explained by Winnie-the-Pooh)
To get the full scoop, read "The Tao of Pooh" by Benjamin Hoff.
The full poem is at the very bottom here...