Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A lament ~

For SG...

Our wonderful club is shutting down as a result of the horrible economy. And while finances forced me to quit getting the kits regularly about a year ago, I stayed on the boards ~ because the friends I made there were even better than the kits.

I think the biggest fear we all have is of those friendships slipping away. Plans and sites are already underway to keep us together ~ huge hugs to the ladies that have taken that on!

In the time I've been with SG (since Jan 06), I've had the great joy of meeting 32 of the gang; but even the ones I haven't met feel like family. We've been there for each other through countless tears, great joys, tons of cyber nieces and nephews, marriages, divorces (and almost divorces), and much, much silliness. We've had our rare squabbles, but what family doesn't ?!
It would truly break my heart to lose that family.

3 comments:

kT said...

*hugs* we'll get by. we've got blogs and fun and i'll just all of you on AIM and google chat :)

Auntie Em said...

...sigh...

HUGS and drinks all around.

Unknown said...

Get thee on facebook!!


Cottleston Pie is the Taoist philosophy dealing with our Inner Nature (as explained by Winnie-the-Pooh)
To get the full scoop, read "The Tao of Pooh" by Benjamin Hoff.
The full poem is at the very bottom here...