Wednesday, November 18, 2009

One hell of a day...

Can we just start this week all over again??? (though I'll keep Tuesday)

Monday I develop yet another small but annoying post-op problem...

Tuesday, I see my surgeon (an already scheduled follow-up visit) and get the OK to go back to work...

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

This morning we go in to work out... I go to get on the treadmill ~ not really paying attention ~ and I get on one that's already moving! You can imagine what ensued...

Spent 4 hours in ER; thoroughly irradiated (3 of wrist, 4 of knee, 2 of shoulder, 2 of lower thoracic spine) and CT'd (upper thoracic spine)

And now here I sit with a hard splint on my left wrist (sprained, and with a possibly unseen hairline fracture), a left knee rigid brace (sprained; and the body part that took most of my weight), contused ribs; sore all over... Eating ibuprofen, with Percocet at the ready...

They asked me what I wanted for pain ~ I said Dilaudid because I did great with it as a PCA post-op. They gave it IM ~ WOW!! In half an hour, I'm loopy, then hot-flashing like you wouldn't believe, then asleep with some wild dreams, then nauseated as all get out! And let me tell you ~ SL Zofran is worthless! But at least the D. DID help with the pain.

Crap, I say. Crap. This has just been an all-around crappy autumn. I'll be glad when it is Solstice!!

'night

0 comments:


Cottleston Pie is the Taoist philosophy dealing with our Inner Nature (as explained by Winnie-the-Pooh)
To get the full scoop, read "The Tao of Pooh" by Benjamin Hoff.
The full poem is at the very bottom here...