Thursday, September 29, 2011

WHAT'S BEEN HAPPENING...

...in my artsy/crafty world ~

A week ago last Monday, I was thrilled to be invited to be a guest at a 'Designing Divas" meeting here in Eagle. The Divas are a group of local women that do all kinds of wonderful altered art; most of them have had things published in some of the top crafty magazines here in the US ~ Stampington, Somerset, etc.
I had a ton of fun, created something wonderful, and met new friends ~

One of the ladies (B) I met that night invited me to be a guest at HER smaller group of artsy ladies; we got together yesterday afternoon. Again, I had a blast ~ received and created some gorgeous cards, got some help with a project I'm working on, and laughed a lot ~

Heaven!

B has ALSO invited me to join herself and 2 others from the smaller group for a crafty retreat up in the mountains about 2 hours north of here ~ 3 days of pajama-clad creativity and wonderful friends ~ needless to say, I am over the moon!!!

As I've said elsewhere ~ I knew this place would be great for my creative soul ~
but I had NO idea just how quickly or intensely it would happen!!!

Now I need to get my butt in gear and find a part-time job to support my habit!!!

Thanks for listening ~ and to all you other 'starving artists' ~ GO FOR IT!!!
Dreams DO come true!!!

1 comments:

mollie said...

Delighted and over-the-moon thrilled for you :)))))


Cottleston Pie is the Taoist philosophy dealing with our Inner Nature (as explained by Winnie-the-Pooh)
To get the full scoop, read "The Tao of Pooh" by Benjamin Hoff.
The full poem is at the very bottom here...