Sunday, June 23, 2013

NOTES FROM THE REAL LIVING ROOM!! {part III}

First of all, I want to apologize for the 'no paragraphs' posts... EBlogger gremlins seem to have invaded my computer, and will not allow for such things. All of a sudden ~ out of the blue. I must have POed the EB gods! Even the wonderful Karen Valentine can't figure out what is wrong!! Me thinks a complete blog redo/renew is in the cards... ***SIGH*** Please bear with me ~ Now back to the saga of the flooring debacle... On Thursday morning (the 13th), they were able to come back in and put the final coat on ~ the one that smells overpoweringly like formaldehyde. So we boarded the fur-babies that evening, and my sweet friend C and her hubby graciously invited Jim & I to make use of their guest bedrooms that night. Thank you VERY much, C & J!!! One small problem... when the guy came back to check on the floors around 1500, he discovered many areas where apparently a nasty chemical reaction had taken place... the floor in those spots had the texture of orange peel! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! So they had to come back the next day, and redo those areas. Back to life in the garage... but all should be well, yes??? Well, no, actually. When we were able to get back in the house, we discovered a few more orange peel spots. Hair and spittle flew... a call was made... So ~ to make an already too long story shorter, they came back this Friday (the 21rst) and redid the spots; they also knocked $200 off the price. DAMN RIGHT. The husband and I have agreed that even if we find further flaws, we'll damn well live with them!!! We've spent the last week recovering from the trauma. Soon to come ~ the story of my delightful afternoon with the Artistic Souls of Eagle ladies, with pix of my version of our project!!

2 comments:

mollie said...

You've been in my thoughts, dear friend and I hope you can relax now! Sending love & hugs from a wintry New Zealand!

Laurel Stephens said...

Oh gosh, this floor thing is NOT going well! What a hassle! My sympathies all around.


Cottleston Pie is the Taoist philosophy dealing with our Inner Nature (as explained by Winnie-the-Pooh)
To get the full scoop, read "The Tao of Pooh" by Benjamin Hoff.
The full poem is at the very bottom here...