Tuesday, August 14, 2018

A NEW PRINTER'S TRAY

I had ordered some KaiserCraft "Beach Shack" papers and embellies. Once they came, I sat down to make some cards... I got 3 made, and then, as author Stephen King would say, "My muses shat upon my head"!
I no longer wanted to make cards, but instead, some kind of display piece! I went through my stash, and came up with a very old 7Gypsies printers tray. I knew immediately that I wanted something simple yet inspiring.
With a sea sponge, I dabbled some sand and grey paint around the tray edges, then got to work gluing in the papers and a few 'live' embellies.
It turned out just the way I had envisioned it ~ and in only a few days!!
Nota Bene ~ the paper in the middle of the porthole {right center} is actually bright white reflective paper that throws a rainbow when tilted.



As always, click to biggify ~
And learn to listen to your inner voices/muses! You never know where they will lead you. I had never EVEN dreamed of doing a tray with this line, but I am SO glad I did!

5 comments:

mollie said...

My eyes would never tire of gazing at that gorgeous creation bobbie, and I'd fall in love again every time I looked at it. The rainbow paper must look so pretty. You're a very creative artist xox

bobbie said...

Thank you so much, mollie!

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome be sure and bring it to our next meeting.
Hugs lynn

bobbie said...

Will do, Lynn!

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Bobbie,
Your gypsy tin has turned out beautiful. Your creative heart soared on this one. Happy Monday and Happy New Week.
Hugs,
Kris


Cottleston Pie is the Taoist philosophy dealing with our Inner Nature (as explained by Winnie-the-Pooh)
To get the full scoop, read "The Tao of Pooh" by Benjamin Hoff.
The full poem is at the very bottom here...