Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Hospice!!!

No, I don't need it ~ but I am going to work with it!

As some of you know, I've always been good at dealing with 'death & dying' situations as an ICU nurse. And that I've always thought I'd be good working in some type of hospice situation.

Well, on Monday, an ad in our local paper jumped out at me and slapped me upside the head! It was a full page thing all about the biggest Hospice agency in town (it's connected to the hospital where I had my surgery), and at the bottom of it was a bit about a 2 day Volunteer Training session they were having Nov. 9 & 10. I've heard nothing but wonderful things about this agency ever since we've been here.

Clever me decided that this was a call from the universe for me, so signed up I am! (pardon the Yoda - ism!)

When I got to talking with the co-ordinator of the program, she seemed excited by the fact that I was an RN, with lots of D&D experience... seems there aren't a lot of nurses who sign up, though there is one other one in this session. I did let her know about my back, and she doesn't think it will be a problem.

I'm very excited; I can't wait to hear what they've got to say ~ and who knows where it might lead... this agency is also going to be opening up Hospice residence here in town within the next year or so; having a foot in the door can't hurt!!

So ~ YaY for me!! (you may do a cartwheel or two for me, if you like!)

5 comments:

Jen said...

Can't do cartwheels - but I'm happy for you! Hope you're healing well!

faerian said...

you will be great bobbie!!!

Betsie Morris said...

This is great! You do have a gift and it is most benefical if you use it! :-)

Auntie Em said...

Yoda!!!!! That's great.

Cordelia said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you :) Your blog looks really nice! I'm taking Shimelles class "Blogging for scrapbookers" so I'm out discovering the blog world
kram


Cottleston Pie is the Taoist philosophy dealing with our Inner Nature (as explained by Winnie-the-Pooh)
To get the full scoop, read "The Tao of Pooh" by Benjamin Hoff.
The full poem is at the very bottom here...