Monday, September 24, 2012

THE NFL TRAVESTY...

Here is the letter I wrote to Roger Goodell, commisioner of the NFL, after the last play of the GB vs 'Hawks game tonight ~

Please keep in mind that I am neither a 'Hawks nor a GB fan.

"Sir ~

Please take note ~ as much as I love football, I will watch NO more NFL games until the regular officials come back. The games have become a desperate tragedy. The straw that broke the camels back for me was the OBVIOUSLY wrong call at the end of this evening's game, when Green Bay OBVIOUSLY intercepted the ball from the 'Hawks in the end zone.

Also, I will NOT purchase all the NFL shop gifts I had been planning to buy for the holidays. I refuse to support you until you come to your senses.

In the meantime, be aware that we fans are losing/ have lost, ALL confidence in your authority, and in your actually caring about the game. It has become quite clear that you care more for your wallets than the INTEGRITY of the game.

Again ~ I will return to football when you have removed your cerebellums from your anuses."


Just say "No" to replacement officials!

3 comments:

Lo said...

Oh yes, oh yes! I am infuriated and disgusted by this mutilation of our fall season football. And they are arguing over pennies...disgraceful.
Aaaarrrrgh.

Bonnie said...

Well said!

Lynn Stevens said...

I heard something about the referees were on strike? yeah I don't know much about football. LOL great letter though. hugs Lynn


Cottleston Pie is the Taoist philosophy dealing with our Inner Nature (as explained by Winnie-the-Pooh)
To get the full scoop, read "The Tao of Pooh" by Benjamin Hoff.
The full poem is at the very bottom here...