Wednesday, January 23, 2013

L.O.L.F.D.G.B.

Which is nurse-speak for...

Little
Old
Lady
Fall
Down
Go
Boom.

And I'll give you 2 guesses as to who the little old lady is!

This happened on Friday the 18th...  I had to walk back into our hostesses house after our ASE meeting. I completely forgot that there was a small step up from her walkway to her porch... and I hit it at full speed; went flying face first.

Instead of being a normal person and splaying out my arm/hand to break the fall, I made a fist. And landed with about 80% of my weight on that fist,  just under my right breast.

Can you say "couldn't breathe for a bit"??  Gack!

At first, I honestly thought I only had a bad contusion. But the pain kept getting worse over the weekend; by Monday morning I couldn't stand it anymore.

Urgent care > XRs > no fractures seen, but doc said cracks in the front rarely do. So based on signs/ symptoms and pain levels ~ diagnosis = I'm cracked!!

And I have a lovely 'badge of honor' bruise to prove it!!

And yes, I'm being a good girl ~ following my own advice about "better living through chemicals"... I do so much better that way!

Even though the usual recovery time for cracked ribs is 6-8 weeks, I MUST be well enough by 2/3 to be able to energetically root for my beloved Niners is the Super Bowl!!

The wounded Gypsy ~






6 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Yikes!! I am so sorry that you fell and cracked your ribs. How painful!

I am stopping by to thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. You asked about the paint color in my master bedroom. It is call Cold Steel by Olympic Paints from Lowe's. Even though it is called Cold Steel, it is really not cold looking at all.

Heal quickly!
Penny
www.thecomfortsofhome.blogspot.com

Bonnie said...

Do take care of yourself-you have a full week plus before the Big Game!

PinkSpazz said...

good Gosh Bobbie!!! :P

feel better sooner, rather than later... and yes, go 9ers... ;)

mainly cuz the pats were awful and didn't deserve to win playing the way that they 'played' that horrible night...'

le sigh. rant over... ;D

miss you!!!! ;D

mollie said...

I'm sending extra-strength healing vibes my dear friend. I know from experience the pain and discomfort from cracked ribs. (((((bbbbbDD)))))

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

Oh no! You poor thing. I hope you take it easy and are able to kick back and get in shape for your Super Bowl watching.

And thanks so much for coming by and leaving your wonderful comment at Quirky Vistas, Bobbie. It was such a sweet thing to know that young girl of 19, from the 1930's had started a scrapbook just like any of us would today and that it had made it all the way through the years. Oh, how time flies.
Liz

Lynn Stevens said...

So glad your feeling a bit better!
hugs Lynn


Cottleston Pie is the Taoist philosophy dealing with our Inner Nature (as explained by Winnie-the-Pooh)
To get the full scoop, read "The Tao of Pooh" by Benjamin Hoff.
The full poem is at the very bottom here...