Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My big Sis will be at bobbie-Palooza!!!

:-))))))))))))))))))

I just let my big (half)Sis know about bobbie-Palooza this afternoon ~ she immediately wrote back and said that barring a catastrophe, she'd be there with bells on!!

YEEEEEEEEEEE-HAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! This will be the first time since I can remember than we will be together for one of our birthdays!!

Now ~ for the those of you who are shaking their heads and wondering what the big deal is ~ here's the back story...

Leah and I are 16.5 years apart. (Mom REALLY believed in family planning!) She got married and moved out when I was 2, but she raised me more till then than my Mom did.

Being a generation or so apart, we didn't always get along well as I was growing up. Getting to know each other as adults has taken a long time, and is still an on-going thing. It's one of the reasons I want to get to the OR coast; she & her DH vacation there ALL the time!

Leah has a wicked funny sense of humor, and a unique way of looking at life ~ I think we must have both gotten that trait from Mom. She's much less shy socially than I am, so I know she will get along with any of my crazy/crazed friends who can make it to the party!!

Love you, CL!!!



Picture from T-day 07...

4 comments:

Kylie said...

How exciting! I have to be in London on August 28th, but every time DH and I look at flights I look to see how much it will be to fly from London to Portland and then Portland to Cleveland, so we'll see.......
The way I figure it is that DH is going to Tallin (Estonia) the weekend before for a bachelor party, so if he can go to Europe for the weekend I can justify Bobbie-palooza in Oregon for a couple of days!

Ruth said...

Yippee, I'll be there with bells on, too with DH. I can hardly wait to meet your sister!!

Auntie Em said...

Awesome Cuz!!! Love that pic, you two are so cute. Kylie that would be so kewl if you could make it. And my Sis Ruth!!!! All my "family" in one place, sniff.... sweet!

bobbie said...

Kylie et al ~ also look into flights to Eugene... a bit closer, maybe cheaper...
I'd love to see ya'll there!!!


Cottleston Pie is the Taoist philosophy dealing with our Inner Nature (as explained by Winnie-the-Pooh)
To get the full scoop, read "The Tao of Pooh" by Benjamin Hoff.
The full poem is at the very bottom here...