Thursday, June 19, 2008

In the hospital...

Yup ~ dats where I be!! :-((( I'd been fighting off some sharp, crampy lower abd. pain since Monday AM... so bad at times it had me walking doubled over. Kept NOT wanting to go to ER, because I hate that whole mob scene so much. Finally got in to see my reg. doc yesterday late afternoon; next thing I know, I'm being admitted! WTF?!?!

Differential diagnosis ~ partial bowel obstruction vs diverticulitis UGH

CT this AM ~ diverticulitis In hospital a couple more days for IVF (can you say dehydrated as hell???), IV ABX, then home.

I knew I had bad veins, but now I know just how bad. The one they started late yesterday afternoon in my only good vein blew at 0230 this AM; someone FINALLY got a 22 in me a couple of hours ago! Pincushion city!

One thing that has made me very grateful... all the staff I've dealt with so far have been great...

Off to nap...

0 comments:


Cottleston Pie is the Taoist philosophy dealing with our Inner Nature (as explained by Winnie-the-Pooh)
To get the full scoop, read "The Tao of Pooh" by Benjamin Hoff.
The full poem is at the very bottom here...