Saturday, October 2, 2010

Elbow update...

About a month ago, I tweaked my wrist yet again... I finally went to the doc because the pain is getting worse, and taking longer to go away with each 'tweak'. Plus, the next morning, I woke up with extreme pain in my elbow on that side and the saddle between the ring and pinkie is painfully numb! WTH?!?!? This is new!
(bet you know where this is going, don't you Mareeee?! ;-)))

Doc gives me a referral for an orthopod... who won't even look at me until I have a nerve conduction test done...

So I get that done, and surprise, surprise ~ the wrist is fine (more on that later), but conduction is high moderately slowed thru the ulnar nerve. No history of a recent bump or yank or tug ~ this really came out of nowhere!!

So, dx. is cubital tunnel syndrome. And because by now the pain and numbness is constant, no conservative tx... Do not collect $200; go straight to surgery. On 10/14.

Fuck.

Understand, this is my RIGHT (i.e. dominant) arm. My RIGHT! Oh, goody, I get to learn how to wipe me own arse with my left hand!! (Shut up, Dood!)

I leave it to y'all to look up what the recovery is like from cubital tunnel transposition...
Nasty does not EVEN begin to describe it!!

Probably no crafting/scrapping for (possibly) months... Can you imagine how flippin' CA-RAZY that is gonna make me?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

My poor little wrist? (esp. at the ball of my thumb) ~ arthritis. There's some special name for it even.

So, if ya'll could send some love and healing thoughts my way, I'd sure appreciate it! And I'd also love some "not going crazy from boredom in the evenings" vibes...

1 comments:

Bonnie said...

Ouch-well, this certainly sucks big time for you, sweetie. I'm so sorry that you're facing this surgery, and we won't even go into to the PT. Ugh.

Sending major positive vibes and healing thoughts your way
BIG HUGS


Cottleston Pie is the Taoist philosophy dealing with our Inner Nature (as explained by Winnie-the-Pooh)
To get the full scoop, read "The Tao of Pooh" by Benjamin Hoff.
The full poem is at the very bottom here...