Wednesday, February 27, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PEANUT!!!

Today was my beloved Peanut's first birthday. Not bad for the puppy who, when the vet saw her 8 hours after birth, said he didn't think she was going to make it!

A short review, for those who weren't around then ~ Peanut was one of six pups; she was the first born. All her others sisters were 8 to 9 oz ~ she was only 6. Hence the nickname of Peanut.

And she was MINE from the second she popped outta her Momma.  :)
Breeder & BF K. and the husband didn't know it, but I did.

We had to take Momma in to the emergency vet because she was having much trouble delivering the 6th pup ~ who turned out to be stillborn.
That was when the ER vet said he didn't think Peanut would make it.

And that is why, as a celebration, K. and I took Peanut and her sister Meagan to the same ER doc tonight. He was thrilled to see them, and loved that my baby has done so well; he was especially impressed when I told him about having to do CPR on her when she was 3 days old!!

And I got to say ~ in the nicest way possible ~ "Neener, neener, neener" to the vet, and that I'd never been so happy to have a doc be so wrong!!

 So here is to my...

Nutty Butty
Peanuticus
Nutter Butter
Squirrelly Girl
Stink Pot
Pea-knuckle
Nut Butt
Sunshine
My Sweet Baby Girl ~

Long may you run ~~~

PS ~ All the hooligans are getting bathed this weekend, so I will try to get some good pix.






5 comments:

Lo said...

Hurray for Peanut and YOU.

Love, LO

mollie said...

That year has gone so fast! Happy First Birthday celebrations to Peanut and her family <3 <3 <3

Lynn Stevens said...

Awe, Well happy Birthday to little Peanut. So glad the Dr. was wrong!
Enjoy her kisses.
hugs Lynn

Katie, aka RFB and PinkSpazz said...

happy birthday Peanut! :D

Spazz ;)

CATHY said...

My mom's last two babies have been the last two to pop out and both were/are the most precious dogs ever! Love all her names!!


Cottleston Pie is the Taoist philosophy dealing with our Inner Nature (as explained by Winnie-the-Pooh)
To get the full scoop, read "The Tao of Pooh" by Benjamin Hoff.
The full poem is at the very bottom here...