Saturday, March 9, 2013

MMLL's TREASURE BOX!!!

I FINALLY finished the Treasure Box for my dear friend in New Zealand! And now I have her permission to post it ~ As usual, click to enlarge. The box itself is about 6 x 6 inches.


All the papers I used are from the Pink Paislee "Butterfly Garden" collection. I painted the whole box, inside & out, with 4 different colors that co-ordinated with the papers. The feet were brass jewelry findings ~ I spray painted them to get what I really wanted.

The "lace" on the top part was made with the Tim Holtz Decorative Strips die-cut using 'fuzzy' paper. The bottom is real lace from stash.

Silly me forgot to ink the edges of my papers!


Inside the lid ~ flowers & jewels by Prima. What appears to be a great black hole is actually a mirror!!

The top ~ the crochet, embroidered and other flower are from my stash. The leaves and arched frame are by Prima. It doesn't show up well, but I used Glossy Accents over the sprite image within the frame to make it look like a real picture. There is also GA on the flowers the sprite is holding out the right side of the frame.
Inside ~ the bottom is covered with more of the "fuzzy" paper. MMLL ~ I'm SO glad you like it! Thanks for looking ~ leave me some love!

9 comments:

mollie said...

I'm thrilled to be the first to comment bobbie! This treasure box is a treasure in itself and sits in pride of place on a set of drawers in my bedroom. Each and every part of this creative beauty makes me say "Wow". It, and you, are awesome my friend. <3 xx

Lo said...

I am awed by your patience and ingenuity not to mention dexterity.

What a beautiful offering! Your friend should be thrilled.

You are VERY talented.

Katie, aka RFB and PinkSpazz said...

awesome job (((bobbie))) and hugs to (((mollie)))) too... :D

Carolyn said...

Bobbie, your treasure box is so beautiful and I'm sure Mollie can attest that the photos do not reflect the intricate details that you added day by day, week by week to make it so special. The girls in AS drooled as the box became more elegant from one month to the next.

Auntie Em said...

PRETTIES!!!! Really, that is about the prettiest box alteration I've seen!

Decor To Adore said...

A true treasure indeed! I love the fuzzy paper. :)

Bonnie Mulligan said...

That is exquisite, Bobbie. You are such a genuinely creative artist!

Cathy Lane said...

Hi Bobbie!! Thanks so much for the visit to my blog :) Have to tell you that this box is absolutely gorgeous and how lucky your friend is to receives such a a treasure :)Gorgeous work honey!x

Lynn Stevens said...

Beautiful Bobbie. I'm sure she's over the moon happy with it!
hugs Lynn


Cottleston Pie is the Taoist philosophy dealing with our Inner Nature (as explained by Winnie-the-Pooh)
To get the full scoop, read "The Tao of Pooh" by Benjamin Hoff.
The full poem is at the very bottom here...