Friday, July 26, 2013

ARTISTIC SOULS CROWN ~

For our project last month, the delightful J. came up with the idea of birthday crowns for us. The base is heavy weight poster board; she cut out the points for us. The front panel is 10 inches tall, not including the peacock feather.

All the papers I used are from the Graphic 45 "Olde Curiousity Shoppe" line; there are some Tim Holtz embellies, and a few bits and bobs just from stash. I still have to come up with a better way to secure it in the back ~ it will either be with black ribbon or black elastic.

As always, click on the pix to enlarge...  and thanks for looking!


Below is the front panel up close ~ the time on the clock is 9:28 AM, which is when I born. The eyeglasses have 4 layers of Glossy Accents for the lenses, and the pharmacy 'chest'  and title are all popped up on foam dots. All the clock faces and bottles are accented with GA.

Right side panel...  the Acetanilid compound is the actual forefather of today's Tylenol!


Right back panel ~ the TH 'dangles' make a great sound when I move my head!


Left side panel ~ lots of fussy cutting! The little green feather at the top of shoe was dyed with TH's "Peeled Shutters" distress stain. (it is a little hard to see against the paper feather)


Left back panel ~ the pedestal and bottles are also up on pop dots, and accented with GA.


9 comments:

Bonnie said...

Wow is my first reaction-totally inadequate, of course, but this is really fab! I'm going to need multiple looks at this, Bobbie!

Carolyn said...

An incredible steampunk crown. It is one of the most detailed and creative pieces I have viewed in a long time. BRAVO!

Carole said...

What a creation !! Beautiful...

Anonymous said...

you are so creative bobbie!!

Decor To Adore said...

Oh I am swooning with delight! The peacock crown is my favorite. Well done!

Have a wonderfully lovely day!

mollie said...

So stunningly gorgeous I can't sit still!! You are just fantastically clever, dear bbbbbDD xox

cathy @ ma vie trouvee said...

oh what a wonderful birthday crown! I want to make one for myslef for my BIG one next year. I better start now at the rate I go!

Auntie Em said...

"Fussy cutting" is right!!! Very patient work, beautiful.

Art and Sand said...

How fun and what a great way to "play". I love making something and then adding embellishments.

B E A U T I F U L ! ! ! !


Cottleston Pie is the Taoist philosophy dealing with our Inner Nature (as explained by Winnie-the-Pooh)
To get the full scoop, read "The Tao of Pooh" by Benjamin Hoff.
The full poem is at the very bottom here...